I have a thing for birds. I just... like them. BTW, just in case you've never seen it, here's a reference: Put a Bird On It, Portlandia. Cracks me every.single.time.
Anyhoo, I had to have this Aviary set by Pinkfresh Studio, just cuz of the birds. *sheepish shrug* All the flora in the set is a bonus. *chinkle* There's a matching die set for it, but I don't own it so I fussy cut the birdies.
It's kinda rare for me to actually stamp on colored (not white??? *gasp*) card stock, but for this one, it worked out particularly lovely. Bonus? That Twilight Versafine Clair ink is bleed proof so you can watercolor with it. I finally bought the new Pinkfresh Studio Watercolors--they are quite lovely--WOW'd me big time!
- Stamp assortment of twigs/branches and sentiment onto a pale rose card with Twilight (navy) ink.
- Stamp birds with same Twilight ink onto scrap of watercolor paper.
- Watercolor birds and trim out; 3D mount to card front as shown.
- Punch 1/8" hole into gutter crease of card, thread twine through, wrapping twice around card front and tie into a bow.
SUPPLIES (Affiliate links used wherever possible):
- PinkFresh Studio Clear Stamps, Aviary
- Pinkfresh Studio Dies, Aviary
- VersaFine Clair Ink Pad, Twilight
- Pinkfresh Studio Liquid Watercolor, Set of 12
- Pentel Arts Aquash Water Brush, Large Fine Point (23637)
- Canson XL Watercolor Paper Pad 9x12
- Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock, Pale Rose, 10 pk
- Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock, Pale Rose, 25 pk
- String by the Spool, Natural Burlap
- Scotch Foam Mounting Tape